In the upcoming weeks (the exact date is yet to be determined), Blizzard will be releasing a substantial content patch that will include a large portion of the Wrath of the Lich King content. This will be free to all players and will be automatically downloaded just like any other patch.
According to Blizzard’s Wryxian, this will include:
- New class spells and talents.
- Barbershops in capital cities.
- Zeppelin towers outside of Orgrimmar and Tirisfal Glades.
- Stormwind Harbour.
- In-game guild calendar.
- Hunter pet skill revamp.
- New profession: Inscription.
- Two brand-new Arenas featuring challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles
This means that new talent spells, such as the Mage’s Living Bomb ability, will be accessible by players.
I believe the two biggest changes in the patch will be as following:
1. The prices of herbs, the basic materials used in the Inscription profession, will skyrocket. If you are interested in participating in either Alchemy or Inscriptions in the next few months, I would recommend stockpiling right now before the patch hits.
2. PVP will become entirely unpredictable when the new talents hit. Just as when they released the new talents before the Burning Crusade hit, the game will not be fully balanced around the new abilities, so there will be winners and losers. It will be hard to tell the precise effects of these changes until the patch hits, so just be warned that PVP after the patch will be remarkedly different than PVP before the patch.