Lich King Rules All

Think it was impressive that Gears of War 2 sold two million copies over the course of a weekend? That’s nothin’. Blizzard can top that… and do it in only 24 hours.

The World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King sold a mind boggling 2.8 million copies in a single day. Yes, one day. That’s 25% of Warcraft’s population. The other 75% is made up gold farmers. Just kidding. No word on sales beyond that opening push, although surely people who enjoy other aspects of life, fresh air, and sleep will be picking it up down the road to further make Activision-Blizzard their own country.