Runes of Magic, the free-to-play MMORPG developed by Taiwanese developer Runewaker, has developed quite a following with its multi-layered story, thousands of quests, and wonderful world. Runes of Magic has attracted over 2 million users, making it an extremely successful and formidable MMORPG.
With Runes of Magic‘s Patch 2.1, the “Aotulia Volcano” is now open to all players. Also, the six-player dungeon, “Cave of the Water Dragon”, is now live, with the Boss dragon Lytfir lying in wait for player groups. New quests have opened up in the zone around the “Aotulia Volcano” as well.
A taste of the features of Runes of Magic:
- A dual-class system which allows you to combine one of eight primary classes with a secondary class, to allow an intricate customization experience.
- Two races, Humans and Elves, to choose from.
- Each dual-class combination results in its own unique elite skill.
- You can furnish your own home, and guilds can construct guild castles.
- In-depth stories, woven through over 2300 quests.
- Easy travel though portal-stones, and a wide-range of ride-able beasts.
- New style ‘pet’ system with levelable companions.
- Free-to-play: no monthly subscriptions, and free download of the game.
Runes of Magic is a beautiful title, and with the new patch out, the game is all the sweeter. Free to play, great graphics, wonderful art-style, and loads of features and things to do; there isn’t a reason for you to not try it out. Check the official website for more details.