Starting December 9th, current players and former players of EverQuest II can enjoy an adventure to Freeport and Qeynos and partake in the second Sentinel’s Fate pre-launch event, and the Will of a Tyrant update.
The story related event for Freeport is that Lucan D’Lere has gone missing, and in his absence his successors view for power, leading the city into chaos, with blood shed everywhere and laws thrown to the wind. Players must uncover the mysteries behind the disappearance and the chaos of the city.
Qeynos on the other hand is not in immediate danger, but it’s enemies lie in wait just outside, buying their time for the perfect moment to exact their plans. All the while one of Antonia Bayle’s close advisors has gone missing, and players must quest to find him.
EverQuest II players who have left the game but have accounts in good standing (within the last two years) are invited back to the game to participate in the event with up to three weeks of free play. Obviously, the sooner players log in using a former account the better, as the event lasts from December 9th to December 31st, 2009. Players who log in to a former account during this time will receive an Everquest II: The Shadow Odyssey access trial. The Shadow Odyssey is the fifth expansion for the EverQuest II franchise, and is an all-in-one compilation pack. Should players decide to subscribe to the the Shadow Odyssey, and purchase the upcoming Sentinel’s Fate expansion, players will get the in-game item “Marble Effigy of Al’Kabor”, 250 station cash, and access to the Sentinel’s Fate Beta, some time around January 19, 2010.
The Will of a Tyrant update brings with it:
- Roehn Theer’s story-plot
- City festivals: Festivals started by the Far Seas Trading Company are scheduled to begin in January 2010
- New Daily Tradeskill Missions in Kunark: Players can seek out Assistant Volwon in Bathezid’s Watch to participate
- Bug fixes: Some 300 quest bugs, plus an additional 300 miscellaneous bugs have been fixed
- Many creatures throughout Norrath that did not previously grant Alternate Advancement experience now do so
- Erollisi’s Lost Longbow, the Longbow of Valor, the Buckler of the Broken Heart and the Tower of Love can now each be turned into a trophy item that can be placed within player homes
- Item tooltips now gives information about gains and losses over currently equipped items