Square-Enix, the famed developer and publisher of the renowned Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest RPG series, is teaming up with Gamepot USA, the U.S. publishing division of the Japanese gaming firm giant Gamepot Inc., to bring a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) to the free-to play audience; Fantasy Earth Zero.
Fantasy Earth Zero boasts a war-heavy world, combining elements of action with RPG elements in a player vs. player vs. environment (PvPvE) world.
The world of Melphania erupts into war after an era of peace, stemming from trivial disputes which escalated with time. Kingdoms grow and die over the years, as the people of the world fight one another for control of the crystals, the invaluable origins of the world, which also function as resources of vast power.
Fantasy Earth Zero features three classes to choose from, five kingdoms for players to align themselves with, a soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto (the composer behind Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII), a tremendous amount of character customization, and very interesting 50 vs. 50 PvP battles.
Gamepot USA’s senior director of business and marketing, Thomas Lee, puts it this way:
“Imagine a world of perpetual warfare, legions of unique classes, and a Hyper-Active Battle System —Think the best scenes in Gladiator or Braveheart, with the action ratcheted up to 20. Our 50 vs. 50 PvP system is pure, pulse-pounding excitement. And now, for the first time ever, North American players can step into a world from the creators of so many high-quality RPGs, completely for free.”
Some of the game features:
- Hyper-Active Combat System: Attack, jump, and run in fast-paced combat. (WASD, Xbox 360 controller for windows-compatible)
- 5v5, up to 50v50 PvP, for massive scale battles
- Crystal Combat: Use crystals to transform into more powerful forms (some even allowing flight), to summon, and more
- Immense Game World: the vast realm of Melpharia, with five distinct kingdoms.
- 3 character classes: Warriors, Scouts, and Mages, each with a wide selection of skills and transformations to use.
- Customizeable Characters: Players can select gender, pigment, and plenty of cosmetic and in-game armor looks
- Stellar Soundtrack: Composed by Final Fantasy and Vagrant Story’s Hitoshi Sakimoto
- Live voice-overs
- Full Localization: Monthly in-game and live events, and more.